Slang2009 – Bayeux Tapestry (video Conference)
The Bayeux Tapestry, which is in fact an embroidery, is one of the most important Medieval items from the British history. It is not only a representation of the events leading up to the 1066 Norman invasion of England (historically, the last time that England was invaded), but also a beautiful artistic piece which represents the Medieval esthetics, since it was composed soon after these events took place. It disappeared from history until 1417, and then again until 1724. Personally, it should be considered one of the cultural and artistic wonders of the world.
During the conference, we were brought to the SIM Teeslife, where a digital recreation of the Bayeux Tapestry is exposed. You see the digital Tapestry in about life size, so you can use the zoom to have a much larger view. The embroidery method used is known for its ability to create quite a relief effect, which is no more visible than on colour plates. However, it is a recreation which we hope will do a very good job of transporting you to Bayeux and from there back to the Norman Conquest, the lands of England and Normandy and that fateful day on the battlefield of Hastings which changed British history forever. There is also the possibility to listen to an audio guide to the Tapestry. You can listen to the explanations and follow the pictures of the Bayeux Taestry. Don’t miss it!
P.D.: I’d like to thank Kattan Hurnung [Kate Boardman (RL) Medieval Historian turned slight geek from digitising manuscripts in the 1990s. Now Head of E-learning at a UK university, passionate about creating real (even if virtual) learning experiences for students.] for the conference and for the permission he gave me to publish it in Sarasuati. As always, unless Kattan Hurnung sais otherwise, the copyright of this video follows the general line of Sarasuati (CC 2.0 Attribution, non-commercial, Share Alike). Obviously, the author of the video is Kattan Hurnung, and I am only the person who encoded it.
- Slang2009 – An Introduction to Scripting (video conference) escrito el 12 mayo 2009 por Iván Matellanes
- Slang2009 – The AVALON project (video conference) escrito el 5 junio 2009 por Iván Matellanes
- Slang2009 – The Classroom is Dead – Long Live the Classroom (video conference) escrito el 19 mayo 2009 por Iván Matellanes
- Slang2009 – La Democratización de la Creatividad y la Producción Cultural en los Mundos Virtuales: un Reto para la Regulación (video conference) escrito el 15 mayo 2009 por Iván Matellanes
- Slang2009 – The Sloodle project (video conference) escrito el 15 junio 2009 por Iván Matellanes
- “L’impacte de l’11-S en l’estètica contemporània” a YouTube escrito el 24 octubre 2011 por Revista de Humanidades Sárasuatī
- L’ATENEU debat Oliveres-Sanchis 20/06/2011 escrito el 6 julio 2011 por Mayte Duarte
Slang2009 – Bayeux Tapestry (video Conference) por Iván Matellanes (Licenciado en Filologia Inglesa), a excepción del contenido de terceros y de que se indique lo contrario, se encuentra bajo una Licencia Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Spain Licencia.