Before you get divorced, it’s important to be aware of the consequences and consider all your options. It’s not too late to work out problems and save your marriage if you still want to. But if you feel like divorce is the best option for you and your family, here are some of the most common reasons that people cite when they decide it’s time:
- Unhappy or dysfunctional relationship
- Losing interest in partner or partner losing interest in them
- Physical violence
- Infidelity, drug/alcohol abuse, mental abuse, verbal abuse
- Lack of intimacy
Number One Reason for Divorce
Divorce rates are on the rise, and many couples are becoming increasingly concerned. Some people believe that there is one number one reason for this trend.
Some people believe that the divorce rate is rising because marriage has become too easy to get into and too difficult to get out of. People will just marry someone who they don’t really know and then find themselves in a loveless marriage where they don’t even want to stay anymore.
Divorce is a painful process. It can feel like the end of the world, and that feeling is only compounded by the fact that you are now on your own. You will have to navigate your finances, your living situation and everything else on your own. But there’s hope: you don’t have to be alone forever.
Important Things to Know About Getting a Divorce
Divorce is one of the most stressful events in someone’s life. The process can be long and drawn out unless someone hires a good lawyer to help them through the process. To get an understanding of what may happen, here are some things that you should know before you file for divorce.
- There are five main steps in getting a divorce: Legal Separation, Legal Separation Agreement, Filing for Divorce, Serving the Divorce Papers to the Respondent, and Finalizing the Divorce Decree.
- A person has to be at least 18 years old to file for a divorce in Florida
- It costs between $100-500 to file for a divorce in Florida
- In order to get divorced in Florida, both spouses have to agree on